Sunday, June 8, 2008

Funny Story Number 1





I have the funniest story though my mama might not agree... but Uncle Clyde and I got tickled about this for years...All of you know mama had cows, and when I was a young girl about eight years old; Mama had a cow that was laying down in the pasture. She thought the cow was having a calf so Mama, Uncle Clyde and I went to check on it. We didn't want to upset the cow so Uncle Clyde and I stayed on the hill above the pond while she went down to take a look. We didn't think much about it and mama was never afraid of anything so it never even dawned on her or us that something else might be going on with the cow. Uncle Clyde and I were not paying too much attention and the next thing you know mama is just a screaming and yelling for help and Uncle Clyde and I looked up and she was running as fast as her short little legs would let her.... I promise you I have never ever seen her run so fast in my entire life, as a matter of fact, I think that is the only time I ever saw her run... She was running up the levy and heading for the pond with the cow right behind her chasing her trying to butt her...and it was not having a calf. Please picture that in your mind! Mama is heading up the levy and the cows heading up the levy... So, Uncle Clyde and I started running too and not toward her but we were still watching. Mama finally made it up the levy and was getting ready to jump in the pond (like that would have stopped the cow) and the next thing you know which was lucky for her but not the cow, the cow crumbled on the levy and died. OK, the funny part wasn't the cow dying foaming at the mouth but if you could have just seen her running like that and us running. Oh well, if you are not chuckling picturing all of that I still am. She was so mad at me and Uncle Clyde and just couldn't get over us running the other way but.... I guess we were not much help... Jill

No comments: