Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Day We Found Out We Got Jon Jon






The day the adoption agency called I was up at Aunt Alma' House. Mrs. Hamiter called and told me they were trying to reach Obie and I, and I needed to go home.

Everyone went to my House---Aunt Alam, Jill, Tracy and Mrs. Pat Davis.

The phone rang and Col. Sparks told me they had us a baby boy. I repeated what they said and everyone was screaming and crying-----especially Jill! I told her we couldn't come till the next day because Obie was on a run to Odessa, Texas(in the 18 wheeler). She said that was fine let her know when he would return and we could pick our little boy up when he returned.
Jill and Tracy decided to spend the night with me and wait for Obie to call!
The phone rang at 10 that night and Jill and Tracy went wild! I made them go to the other room so I could tell Obie by myself. They minded, just out side the door!
I told Obie that VOA had called and we had a little boy but would wait
till he returned to pick him up. Obie did not believe me until Jill
and Tracy came SCREAMING into the room "IT's A BOY! Obie it is true
at the top of their lungs and he believed me and the rest is history!
Jo Jo Hamiter

No comments: